Graeme started in actuarial science and developed a love for algorithms and automation. He worked in data warehousing before moving into data analytics. He spent 16 years in several Head of Data roles at The Automobile Association (AA) before joining Addison Lee as their Chief Data Officer, where he is today.
We speak about:
* What is actuarial science
* Data warehousing & GIS systems
* Overview of the Chief Data Officer role
* Automation in the data space
* How to build a data warehouse
* The difference between a data warehouse, data lake and virtual data warehouse
* Starting data work with business problems/questions
* How to deliver value to the business
* Balancing tactical project delivery with strategic work
* Enabling self service data analytics
* Prioritising & sizing up work
* Modern styles of work in data
* Data governance: creating a plan
* Creating a data strategy
* How to get to a head of role
* Team building
Graeme is based in London, Greater London, United Kingdom
And as always, we appreciate your Reviews, Follows, Likes, Shares and Ratings. It really helps new data scientists find us. Thank you so much, and enjoy the show!
Thank you to our sponsors:
UNSW Master of Data Science Online: studyonline.unsw.edu.au
Datasource Services: datasourceservices.com.au or email Will Howard on email@example.com
Fyrebox - Make Your Own Quiz!