Kjersten is a graduate of the University of Chicago and has a proven track record in modernizing and scaling operations, executing mission-critical business initiatives, and achieving profitability objectives. An energetic leader with a focus on people development, diversity, and inclusion Kjersten demonstrates the ability to effectively lead and work in highly complex environments.
We speak about:
• [00:20] About Kjersten Moody
• [04:45] Love for data
• [06:40] Transition to technology consulting
• [09:50] Lessons learned early on
• [13:15] Leadership took the time
• [14:40] Kjersten’s leadership style
• [15:35] Transition to healthcare
• [18:00] Lessons learned in consulting
• [20:00] Building teams
• [22:15] Qualifications for individuals
• [29:10] Data strategy
• [33:00] Data governance
• [38:00] Understanding the business aspects
• [45:20] Financial impacts
• [48:20] Listener questions
Some of Kjersten's quotes from the episode:
“Challenges are a constant in a domain such as data science.”
“Diversity is an attribute of the team. It’s the diversity of experiences, culture, and thought.”
“The process of matching price to risk is inherently done through data.”
“Data strategy is interpreted in many different ways.”
“The leader needs to be able to work in a trusted way with business leaders and general managers.”
Now you can support Data Futurology on Patreon!
Thank you to our sponsors:
UNSW Master of Data Science Online: studyonline.unsw.edu.au
Datasource Services: datasourceservices.com.au or email Will Howard on firstname.lastname@example.org
Fyrebox - Make Your Own Quiz!
Kjersten is based in Chicago, Illinois
And as always, we appreciate your Reviews, Follows, Likes, Shares and Ratings. Thank you so much for listening. Enjoy the show!